Peru is as complex as its most intricate and exquisite weavings. Festivals mark ancient rites, the urban vanguard fuels innovation and nature bestows splendid diversity. Lonely Planet is your passport to Peru, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, stay on floating reed islands on Lake Titicaca, plunge into Cuzco’s wild nightlife; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Peru and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Peru Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – current affairs, politics, history, cuisine, Indigenous Peru, archaeology, the Incas, music, the arts, nature, wildlife, architecture
Coverage includes: Lima, South Coast, Arequipa & Canyon Country, Lake Titicaca, Cuzco, the Sacred Valley, Central Highlands, North Coast, Huaraz & the Cordilleras, Northern Highlands, Amazon Basin and more
Curator: Brendan Sainsbury
Writers: Alex Egerton, Mark Johanson, Carolyn McCarthy, Phillip Tang, Luke Waterson
584 pages, 128pp color, 71 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Jun 2022