Australia is the unexpected: a place where the world’s oldest cultures share vast ochre plains, stylish laneways and unimaginably blue waters with successive waves of new arrivals from across the globe. Lonely Planet is your passport to Australia, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Explore the flora and fauna of Australia’s myriad collection of national parks, swim the fragile yet spectacular Great Barrier Reef, roam the streets of eclectic Sydney and trendsetting Melbourne; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Australia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Australia Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - History, Aboriginal Culture, Environment, Food & Wine, Sport, Art Galleries, Winery Touring
- Free, convenient pull-out city map (included in print version), plus over 17 colour maps
Coverage Includes:Sydney & New South Wales, Canberra & the ACT, Queensland, Melbourne & Victoria, Tasmania, Adelaide & South Australia, Darwin & the Northern Territory and more.
Writers: Brett Atkinson, Andrew Bain, Fleur Bainger, Cristian Bonetto, Samantha Forge, Anthony Ham, Paul Harding, Rachel Hocking, Trent Holden, Anita Isalska, Anna Kaminski, Tatyana Leonov, Sofia Levin, Virginia Maxwell, Hugh McNaughtan, Kate Morgan, Charles Rawlings-Way, Andy Symington, Tasmin Waby, Steve Waters
1104 pages, 192pp color, 152 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Nov 2021