The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this fascinating country.
Stroll around Stockholm's picturesque Gamla Stan, spend a night in the ICEHOTEL in Lappland or take a boat tour on the tranquil lakes of Värmland: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Sweden with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Sweden:
- Over 20 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Sweden, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail the Royal Palace (Kungliga Slottet), Moderna Museet, Nationalmuseum, Stadshuset, Drottningholm, Gunnebo Slott and more
- Colour photographs of historic cities, charming coastal towns, picturesque villages, incredible buildings, spectacular landscapes and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Stockholm, Eastern Svealand, Eastern Götaland, Gotland, Southern Götaland, Gothenburg, Western Götaland, Western Svealand, Southern Norrland and Northern Norrland
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: discover the festivals that take place throughout the year, and learn about Sweden's history, politics, culture, traditions, folklore and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Sweden is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Sweden.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a city break? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Stockholm.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.