Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania Dutch Country Eyewitness Guide
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this historic region.
Walk through the atmospheric Independence National Historic Park, admire sculptures at the Rodin Museum or take a tour of the American Civil War battlefields at Gettysburg: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania Dutch Country with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania Dutch Country:
- Over 15 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a transport map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania Dutch Country, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail Independence Hall, the National Constitution Center, Independence Seaport Museum, Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, the Barnes Foundation, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Landis Valley Museum and more
- Colour photographs of Philadelphia's historic sights, museums and galleries, parks and gardens, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover the Old City, Society Hill and Penn's Landing, Center City, Logan Square and Parkway Museums District, and sights beyond the city
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the history of Philadelphia, including its role in securing American independence, the city's architecture, Pennsylvania Dutch Country's Amish, Mennonite and Brethren communities, and the festivals and events that take place throughout the year
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania Dutch Country is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania Dutch Country.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning to explore America further? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide USA.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.