The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this captivating country.
Explore gilded pagodas and spectacular archaeological sites, enjoy stunning beaches and mountains, or experience every-day local life: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Myanmar with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Myanmar (Burma):
- Over 15 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Myanmar, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans of the key sights such as the old colonial quarter of Yangon, the Bagan Archaeological Zone, and the Kyaiktiyo Golden Rock Pagoda
- Colour photographs of Myanmar's spectacular countryside, serene lakes and rivers, charming villages, bustling cities, ornate temples and pagodas, and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about this country's complex history, festivals, religions, beliefs and traditions
- Experience the culture with features on cruising the Ayeyarwady river; Burmese Buddhism; the Burmese pagoda; Myanmar's theatre, music and dance; traditional dress and sport; varied and distinctive cuisine and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Yangon, the Bago region, western Myanmar, the Bagan Archaeological Zone, eastern Myanmar, Northern Myanmar, Southeastern Myanmar, and the Mandalay region
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Myanmar (Burma) is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Myanmar.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.