The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this compelling country.
Explore ancient Mayan pyramids at the astonishing Chichén Itzá, spend a balmy evening listening to troubadours in Mérida or wander the colourful markets of Oaxaca: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Mexico with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Mexico:
- Over 30 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Mexico, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail the Catedral Metropolitana, Templo Mayor and Museo Nacional de Antropología in Mexico City, plus the ancient cities of Teotihuacán and Monte Albán, the Museo Nacional del Virreinato, the archaeological sites of Palenque and El Tajín, and more
- Colour photographs of the country's spectacular ancient sites and contrasting architecture, the mountains, canyons, forests and beaches that form Mexico's varied landscape, the sprawling Mexico City and colonial towns, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Mexico City - the Historic Centre, Reforma and Chapultepec, San Ángel and Coyoacán - sights beyond the capital, Northern Mexico, the Colonial Heartland, Southern Mexico, the Gulf Coast and the Yucatán Peninsula
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about Mexico's ancient history, traditional way of life, religion, arts and sports, politics and economics, landscape and wildlife, and festivals and events
- Experience the culture with features on the indigenous peoples of Mexico, varied architecture, music and dance, the Days of the Dead celebrations, folk art, and tequila and mezcal
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Mexico is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Mexico.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a shorter trip? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Cancún and the Yucatán guide
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.