The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring Egypt.
Marvel at the Pyramids of Giza, cruise down the Nile or explore the Valley of the Kings: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Egypt with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Egypt:
- Over 20 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Egypt, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and area plans show in detail the Great Pyramid, Karnak, Thebes and more
- Colour photographs of incredible historic sights, stunning landscapes, scenic coastlines, spectacular mosques, fascinating ruins, picturesque villages, bustling cities and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Cairo, Around Cairo, the Nile Valley, Sinai and the Red Sea Coast, the Delta and the North Coast, and the Western Desert
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the history of Egypt, its religion and culture, its politics and economics, and the festivals and events that take place throughout the year
- Experience Egypt with features on archaeology, hieroglyphics, ancient traditions, mythology, Islamic architecture, landscape and wildlife, and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Egypt is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Egypt.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.