The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this tranquil and picturesque region.
Visit the magnificent Château de Chambord, take a wine and cheese tour around Sancerre, enjoy the lively atmosphere of medieval Tours or be amazed at the giant mechanical creatures at Les Machines de l'Ile in Nantes: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of the Loire Valley with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Dordogne, Bordeaux and the Southwest Coast
- Over 20 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Dordogne, Bordeaux and the Southwest Coast, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations detail famous sights such as the impressive Cathédrale de Notre-Dame in Chartres, the extraordinary Abbaye de Fontevraud in Anjou, the beautiful Château de Chenonceau and more
- Colour photographs of the region's bustling cities, picturesque towns and pretty rural villages, elegant châteaux and their landscaped gardens, lush vineyards and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Anjou; Touraine; Blésois and Orléanais; Berry; North of the Loire; Loire-Atlantique and the Vendée; and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the region's fascinating history and easygoing culture, beautiful châteaux, historic churches and abbeys, famous writers and artists, winemaking and vineyards, pleasant river, traditional festivals including unique son et lumière, local cuisine and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus how to get around, useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Dordogne, Bordeaux and the Southwest Coast is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to this enchanting region.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Want to see more of France? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide France.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.