The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this unique and captivating country.
Enjoy vintage rides in Copenhagen's Tivoli Gardens, then take a boat tour along its charming canals or learn all about the art of hygge; enjoy a herring lunch fresh from a smokehouse on the island of Bornholm; explore Zeeland's sandy beaches, rural villages and beautiful countryside; or explore ancient Viking burial grounds and Legoland® in Jutland: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Denmark with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Denmark:
- Over 20 colour maps, including a road map of the country, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Denmark, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations, floorplans and area plans show the inside of icons such as Copenhagen's iconic Radhus, art-filled Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek and prestigious Nationalmuseet; the magnificent Frederiksborg Slot in Northwestern Zeeland; the world-famous Legoland® in Jutland; and many more
- Colour photographs of Denmark' canal-strewn capital, historic cities, quaint towns, iconic sights and beautiful landscapes - including its rolling pastures and meadows, sandy beaches, wildlife-filled marshland, tranquil lakes and picturesque islands
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's fascinating maritime history, including its Viking heritage; rich culture, including the "Golden Age"; unique architecture, art and design; festivals and events; landscape, flora and fauna; and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Copenhagen; Northwestern Zeeland; Southern Zeeland and the Islands; Funen; Southern and Central Jutland; Northern Jutland; Bornholm; Greenland and the Faroe Islands; and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Denmark is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to this charming country.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
On a city break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Copenhagen.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.