The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this vibrant and historic city.
Explore the historic heart of Buda on Castle Hill, take a dip in one of the city's thermal baths or shop till you drop along Váci Street's market stalls: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Budapest with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Budapest:
- Over 25 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out city map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Budapest, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the inside of icons such as the Neo-Gothic Parliament, striking Hungarian State Opera, imposing Gellért Hotel and Baths and more
- Colour photographs of Budapest's historic sights, incredible architecture, beautiful baths, pretty parks and gardens, and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about this city's fascinating history and culture, traditional festivals and events, local food and drink, shops and markets, folk and classical music, theatre and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Castle District, Gellért Hill and Tabán, Parliament, Central Pest, Városliget and beyond
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Budapest is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Hungary's spectacular capital.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Want to explore beyond Budapest? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Hungary.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.