European river cruises are elegantly casual affairs, perfect for exploring the arts and culture that beckon ashore. Lonely Planet is your passport to Europe’s rivers, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Sip your wine while watching picture-perfect European scenery breeze past – castles, medieval villages and fields of flowers. Get to the heart of Europe’s rivers and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Cruise Ports European Rivers Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, art, architecture, food, wine
- Free, convenient pull-out city map (included in print version), plus over 21 colour maps
Coverage includes: Northern Rhine (Germany), Southern Rhine (France, Germany & Switzerland), Western Danube (Austria & Germany), Eastern Danube (Hungary & Serbia), Seine (France), Elbe (Czech Republic & Germany), Moselle (Germany), Douro (Portugal), Dnieper (Ukraine), Rhône (France), Main (Germany), and more
Writers: Andy Symington, Mark Baker, Oliver Berry, Kerry Christiani, Gregor Clark, Marc Di Duca, Steve Fallon, Damian Harper, Catherine Le Nevez, Leonid Ragozin, Kevin Raub, Simon Richmond, Brendan Sainsbury, Andrea Schulte-Peevers, Regis St Louis, Benedict Walker, Nicola Williams
320 pages, 320pp color, 80 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Oct 2021