This annual bestseller ranks the hottest, must-visit countries, regions, cities and best value destinations for 2020. Drawing on the knowledge and passion of Lonely Planet’s staff, authors and online community, we present a year’s worth of inspiration to take you out of the ordinary and into the unforgettable.
As self-confessed travel geeks, we regularly ask ourselves: where are the best places in the world to visit right now? It’s a very hotly contested topic at Lonely Planet and generates more discussion than any other. Best in Travel is our definitive answer.
We also reveal how well-planned, sustainable travel can be a force for good: for the environment, for local people and for yourself – and include ways to help lower your carbon footprint and protect the areas you visit on your travels.
Inside Best in Travel 2020, you’ll discover:
- The top 10 countries, regions, cities and best value destinations
- The best new openings
- The best new places to stay
- The best new food experiences
- The best sustainable trips for families
- How to minimise your carbon footprint
- How to help local communities and businesses
- How to give back on your travels
- Hiking for meditation
Writers: Lonely Planet
224 pages, 224pp color, 30 maps | Dimensions: 171mm × 216mm
Next edition due: Oct 2020