An unbeatable, pocket-sized guide to Washington, DC packed with insider tips and ideas, colour maps, top 10 lists, and a laminated pull-out map - all designed to help you see the very best of America's capital city.
Take a stroll past the iconic White House, immerse yourself in the fascinating Smithsonian museums on the Mall, visit some of America's most cherished burial sites at Arlington National Cemetery, or step back in time at Mount Vernon. From Top 10 historic homes and buildings to the Top 10 sights off the beaten path, discover the best places to visit in Washington, DC with this easy-to-use travel guide.
Inside Top 10 Washington, DC:
- Seven easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
- Top 10 lists showcase the best Washington attractions with detailed information and inspiring photography, covering the United States Capitol, the National Air and Space Museum, the White House, the National Zoological Park, and many more
- Free laminated pull-out map of Washington, DC, plus six colour neighbourhood maps
- In-depth neighbourhood guides explore Washington, DC's most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out and sightseeing
- Colour-coded chapters divided by area make it easy to find information quickly and plan your day
- Essential travel tips including our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful transport, visa and health information
- Colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Covers around Capitol Hill, the Mall and Federal Triangle, Penn Quarter, the White House and Foggy Bottom, Georgetown, Beyond the City Centre, and more
Staying for longer and looking for a more comprehensive guide to Washington, DC? Try DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Washington, DC or DK Eyewitness Travel Guide USA.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's Top 10 guides take the work out of planning a short trip, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your weekend trip or cultural break. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.